Final Week - Some Major Announcements! LETS ROCK!
about 6 years ago
– Tue, May 03, 2016 at 09:13:21 PM
Components cost money. Adding anything else to the retail edition of Santorini will result in us having to set a higher retail price. This is bad, because it is important that we keep the retail price of this game accessible to families.
But we still want to give you more free stuff, so we will... with "Kickstarter Inclusives" (a term we just made up)
Kickstarter Inclusive: A stretchgoal or reward which is given to all backers at no additional cost, but sold separately from the base retail edition after the campaign ends.
All additional Gods / Hero stretchgoals are considered Kickstarter Inclusives.
Your Kickstarter Copy Includes Everything
That's right. Every copy we ship to backers through this campaign will include ALL stretchgoals. If you are a backer, you don't even need to read any further.
Retail Edition Includes
- All components shown on the component list
- Between 38-40 of the god ability cards listed on the Pantheon at the end of the campaign. This core set represents a massive amount of content and replayability.
Retail Edition Expansion Includes
- Any cards not included in the base 38-40 ability cards will be available to purchase seperately as an expansion.
- We estimate the price of this expansion to be between $8-$15 USD, depending on the amount of content we are able to unlock during the campaign.
- The specific 40 cards included in the base retail edition of the game will be decided at the end of the campaign.
- This will allow us to ensure that the ones included in the retail game make thematic sense, and minimizes complexity of learning the base game. For example, we may include 40 gods in the base retail, and then put all the heroes and some extra gods into this expansion.
Due to all the recent discussion in the rules documents, Gord has made it clear that we've got quite a few extra solid gods that he feels can be included with the game. If you have an idea for a god or hero ability, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Santorini God Idea - [God Name]". Your god may even make it into the game!
Charon - Transfers souls over the river Styx - Instead of your normal move, choose a neighboring opponent. Jump that piece directly over you to an empty space.
Hypnos - God of Sleep - Your Opponent's single highest builder cannot move.
Tabletopia - The Tabletopia folks are hard at work on the implementation of Santorini. This will include full 3D components! The game will be free to play during the Tabletopia Beta, and when Tabletopia finally goes live, backers will receive a special code to ensure you retain permanent access to the game!
Australia Friendly Shipping - We have sourced several potential fulfillment partners to provide Australia friendly shipping. The estimated cost to ship to Australia will remain the same, but we will pay any duty / import tax on your behalf. This may or may not apply to you depending on the size of your pledge. Performing shipping from within Australia will also reduce the probability for damage / delays.
NZ Reduced Shipping - We are also offering a new pledge level for our Kiwi friends to join with reduced shipping rate (Only slightly higher than Aussies). This reduced rate will only be available to quantities of 1 copy. We are also trying to set it up such that we prepay for all duty / tax prior to your packages arriving in NZ, but this has not been 100% confirmed yet.
Other Parts of the World - We wish there was more time to look at other partners to reduce shipping to other parts of the world, such as Asia, but as we are a very small team, doing so will have to wait until our next campaign. With the increased interest in Roxley's product line, we hope to have a team member dedicated to setting up fulfillment partnerships all over the world. We will look at the countries where we are seeing the most interest, and hopefully we can find a reliable firm to help us in your country, during our next Kickstarter Project.
We will announce release date and time as well as the upgrade of the final batch of Zeus copies in our next update!